Hello Guest! Welcome to my website.

You can benefit from our privileges as a member of our site.

or Register

several questions

industrialist

Reaction score
hey, i found this community on post4vps (a forum for discussing hosting providers and related topics) and decided to check it out, but as the thread title would imply, i have some questions.
firstly, i'm aware of the requirements for eligibility for a free vps, but it wasn't clear if there were any similar requirements for free shared hosting or reseller hosting. are there any?
if i were to try out the free shared hosting plan, i would not be able to share with friends, right? but, in contrast, if i try the reseller hosting plan, i can share with friends (with whom i'm working on a collaborative project) if i charge them any amount of money that's more than nothing for it, yes?
is charging clients in cryptocurrency allowed, or does it have to be in fiat currency? i'm in between an old bank account and a new credit union account that i'm hoping for, and in the meanwhile, i don't have any way to handle most online financial transactions, but i can handle cryptocurrency.
what is the difference between the three reseller accounts and the seven other accounts provided with the reseller hosting plan?
i read in another thread on this forum that using openvpn to connect to the host is acceptable, but in the terms and conditions, there is a line saying that no proxy websites/scripts can be hosted. i have an account with a vpn service from a while back (before finances became an issue), but i'm not sure if setting certain outbound traffic from the host to route through that is ok if it's only for myself and a few friends - i checked the provider's terms of service, and they didn't state that it was disallowed.
finally, i think my last question is: what operating system would be running on a reseller hosting server? generally i would assume linux, but given that people who aren't used to linux may be interested in the service as well and the fact that i admit i'm not sure if the operating system doesn't actually make a difference so long as the software running on top of it is compatible, it might not be linux.

Pacific Spirit

The Cynical Dutchman
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
hostlease.com
hey, i found this community on post4vps (a forum for discussing hosting providers and related topics) and decided to check it out, but as the thread title would imply, i have some questions.
firstly, i'm aware of the requirements for eligibility for a free vps, but it wasn't clear if there were any similar requirements for free shared hosting or reseller hosting. are there any?
if i were to try out the free shared hosting plan, i would not be able to share with friends, right? but, in contrast, if i try the reseller hosting plan, i can share with friends (with whom i'm working on a collaborative project) if i charge them any amount of money that's more than nothing for it, yes?
is charging clients in cryptocurrency allowed, or does it have to be in fiat currency? i'm in between an old bank account and a new credit union account that i'm hoping for, and in the meanwhile, i don't have any way to handle most online financial transactions, but i can handle cryptocurrency.
what is the difference between the three reseller accounts and the seven other accounts provided with the reseller hosting plan?
i read in another thread on this forum that using openvpn to connect to the host is acceptable, but in the terms and conditions, there is a line saying that no proxy websites/scripts can be hosted. i have an account with a vpn service from a while back (before finances became an issue), but i'm not sure if setting certain outbound traffic from the host to route through that is ok if it's only for myself and a few friends - i checked the provider's terms of service, and they didn't state that it was disallowed.
finally, i think my last question is: what operating system would be running on a reseller hosting server? generally i would assume linux, but given that people who aren't used to linux may be interested in the service as well and the fact that i admit i'm not sure if the operating system doesn't actually make a difference so long as the software running on top of it is compatible, it might not be linux.
Hello and welcome to the community! For any application is 20 posts needed per month to qualify and holding your current service in advanced! To get your answers short are here the answers

Shared Hosting you may host anything that is allowed on the terms of service from HostLease and our own Written TOS. Tor services is simply not allowed and will never accepted.
Reseller Hosting may you share with your friends but I will recommed you to not sell free hosting as it will result in a suspension permanently, because we do not allow it due the massive abuse that we had in the past years that we learned. Note that we can see all actions on our service. We won't never ban any country on the world like instafree did. For free hosting you need to use byet reseller and use our own for premium please. We running our shared and reseller on linux. We do simply not allow any signup with VPN, Proxy and any other IP Mask because, this is due the abuse as well.

If you have any questions, you can let us know or sending us a whatsapp messenger at: +31 6 143 55 166.